Wednesday, March 6, 2013

If Animals Spoke in the Style of Odysseus

"Where has mother fled to?",  Anjikikimon sighed several gasps.  Vast white snow was endless.  Anjikikimon was not alone; she assumed she was.  She feared to glance behind her thereby grasp the moment of loneliness.  To look behind her and see emptiness was her fear.  A voice interrupted:

“Whom do you wish to encounter?  In this fair, cold, harsh wilderness?  No one can find berries at this hour.  If you are famished you may spend a few days with the boars until you are well to travel.  You appear pale and ill.  If you are sick I won’t be able to accommodate you.  I am Geopipe.”, Anjikikimon jumped and let out a shriek of alarm.  A large boar with brown tinted tusks and hair that is lightly waved like the hair on the top of the head of Athena confronted Anjikikimon. A few flakes from the last snow settle on his back like the ashes from the burning city of Troy.
Anjikikimon’s unsteady voice explained:

“I am a maltese.  Pure breed.  I am from the Island of Malta well loves by Greeks, Romans and Phoenicians.  I am Anjikikimon.  I am searching for my mother.  For a moment I felt warm and safe, but then I realized I was alone and felt abandoned.  I do not recall where she was wont to wonder.”,  from Anjikikimon.  The sea god, Poseidon was angry at Geopipe's disrespect toward the sea animals, so he called out a lightning strike from the dark, angry sky to kill Geopipe.  Anjikimon let out an terrified cry of terror, but was silenced by the wings of a heron.  Lummerizee whispered:

“Venture with me.  This way.”,  Anjikikimon felt hope in following the leader.  Anjikikimon was silently praying to disover her mother.  “Geopipe was harassing the sea animals, so Posidon set out to set things straight.”,

Anjikikimon gasped and said:

“I have lost my mother.  I am frightened and scared.”,  Lummerizee disclosed:

“Now we travel to nest of mine lined with the softest feathers with the best view from a tall tree.  There a family and two young chicks of mine.  My husband is ill, but we will spare a few crumbs for you.  I assume you would not enjoy the worm even though they are delicacy to us.”,  Anjikikimon smiled and said:

“Yes, I prefer bread over worms.  I would like to state my joy.  I can't not skilled at whealding a sword,  scaling the great ocean, or leading an army but I miss the warmth of my mothers company.”.  Lummerizee stopped and turned to Anjikikimon stating:

“Then we shall changed our first task.”,

Anjikikimon began to hear shouts for her mother had returned from gathering fresh water from the nearby pond.  Mother was calling:

“Baby!  Baby Anjikikimon?  Kiki?!?  Baby!”, Anjikikimon felt the uplift of her spirit.  She looked in front of her and saw mother.  Mother’s glistening figure outlined by the sun.  The snow was begining to melt and the sun was peaking through the clouds. Anjikikimon sprinted on her four pads and shouted:
“Mom! I am this way.  I love you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment